There isn't anything better than to find out school is canceled and you have the day to do whatever. But as a mom snow days mean something entirely different, no sleeping in, no lounging in PJs all day and watching old movies. It is a bit more busy, a bit more chaotic, a bit more wonderful.....
Today we were given this day to do things we wanted to do. The girls started the day with some homework, Ellie writing a couple short stories and Sydney practicing her name, numbers and letters. We did a lot of reading, the kids choose their lunch, Spaghetti Os, and by the time I sat down to eat my lunch Jace was pretty much covered from head to toe, but with no rushing out the door, I let him play and enjoy his lunch even if it meant his forehead would be stained orange the rest of the week. We also made time for the girls to do their scrap booking while Jace napped, the office floor looked worse than Jace after eating, but the girls had fun and today that is all that matters. We ended the normal school day with a Disney movie and snacks. So I didn't get to sleep in, but I did get to enjoy a perfectly extraordinary day.
No comments:
Post a Comment